Robert O Young DSc, PhD, Naturopathic Practitioner
WHERE THERE IS SALT THERE IS LIFE!
Updated: Sep 6, 2022
Harvested from the sea or wrested from the earth, salt would appear to be one of the humblest commodities. Yet the sodium it contains is a life-sustaining element.
Sodium chloride is essential in the nutrition and physiological processes of all animals including man. From long before the first written word, there are repeated references in records and stories to the importance of salt as an essential in the daily diet.
Salt has not only ensured the survival of mankind, but colored the species food, religions, politics and superstitions. In ancient times, because of its power to preserve and purify, salt was spilled upon legal documents to symbolize enduring agreement and freedom from deceit. Mans effort to obtain salt can be traced back through history for salt has always been essential to human life.
Salt is more precious than gold
Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men." Matthew 5:13
Ancient manuscripts tell us that more than 5000 years ago the Chinese obtained salt by boiling and evaporating the ash from seaweed. Later, people along the Mediterranean and Red Seas discovered that when seawater was evaporated by the sun, salt was left behind.
This was the start of salt manufacturing and the same method of solar evaporation is used today in the production of many salts around the world.
Roman legionnaires who guarded the Via Solaria, one of the most famous military roads in history, received part of their pay in salt, their ‘salarium.’ From this came the modern word ‘salary.’
To this day a good man is ‘worth his salt’ and we take others’ dramatic pronouncements ‘
Many of salt’s applications, including salting of fish and meat to preserve it, have remained almost unchanged down through the millennia. Its place in our superstitions and sayings remains entrenched.
Enshrined in the World’s many cultures and a vital part of global economies, salt is as essential to life as the air we breathe and the water we drink.
Surely there can be no product purer, more natural or environmentally friendly than salt – pure salt water provided and evaporated by Nature, harvested to perfection by Man.
Making salt in open pans is not new. In Mark Kurlansky’s recent book, ‘Salt A World History’, he suggests that in 450 B.C. a Chinese called Yi Duan ‘is believed to have made salt by boiling brine in iron pans, an innovation which would become one of the leading techniques for salt making for the next 2,000 years.
Rapid boiling is still used today but the open pans have been replaced by closed vessels, outputs have increased and the salt these plants produce has a uniform cubic crystal shape.
In a move back to the open evaporating pans of the past, I developed the Great Salt Lake North Shore salt beds. The raw material for this salt is the combination of the snow melt run off from the Rocky Mountains in northern Utah and the salty North Shore waters of the Great Salt Lake at the base of the Rocky Mountains.
These waters are evaporated using the natural processes of sun and wind. From this, a colloidal salt is produced to feed the open evaporating salt beds for making the worlds only 26% colloidal liquid mineral salt we call pH Miracle pHlavor mineral salts!
Interesting Facts About pH Miracle pHlavor Colloidal Mineral Salts
1) Our bodies contain almost 450 grams of salt and each day we need to replenish the salt used by our bodies to maintain our normal health, vigor and alkaline design.
2) Salt plays a big part in helping the body to digest food and turn them into living tissues, as well as helping to transmit nerve impulses that contract the muscles. In order for the cells of the body to function normally, a salt/water balance must be maintained. Salt is also necessary for making the sodium bicarbonate the body needs to alkalize the food we eat to maintaining the alkalinity of the blood and lymph fluids.
3) pH Miracle pHlavor colloidal mineral salt tastes great. Minerals present naturally in the salt from the Great Salt Lake North Shore as well as the crystal shape enhances its flavor therefore the salt can be used more sparingly.
4) pH Miracle pHlavor colloidal mineral salt contains higher levels of calcium and magnesium then normal sea or table salts, as these minerals are also naturally present in the Great Salt Lake North Shore water. Some people believe that this balance of minerals has beneficial effects on the body. Certainly we believe these minerals help enhance the taste of the pH Miracle pHlavor colloidal mineral salt – taste it and compare to your current salt.
5) When you are tired and/or fatigued and need energy that is the need for salt. All sugar cravings are the need for salt.
6) Salt is the ion of life in which all energy is transpo rted. Without salt there is no life.
7) Salt is what keeps the spirit body connected or joined with the physical body and mental body.
Features and Benefits of pH Miracle pHlavor Colloidal Liquid Salt
1) pH Miracle pHlavor colloidal mineral salt is an evaporated salt that produces a unique three dimensional crystal, it is produced by being very slowly evaporated naturally by the sun, allowing the formation of a 30% concentration of a heterogeneous mineral salt solution.
The concentration of this salt is greater than the Great Salt Lake or The Living (Dead) Sea.
2) It is a very light textured salt with a delicate flavor. The taste is created by the unique crystal size and shape of the pH Miracle pHlavor colloidal liquid mineral salt.
3) Excellent for spraying on top of foods as its light texture means it ‘sticks’ better – ideal in particular for salting salads and other vegetables!
4) High surface area and low bulk density improves the product adherence. This makes it ideal for spraying on food or in your mouth directly to begin the alkalizing process. To order your bottle of the worlds first natural colloidal liquid mineral salt spray go to:
pH Miracle pHlavor – Liquid Mineral Salt Spray
To learn more about the work, research and findings of Robert O Young CPT, MSc, DSc, PhD, Naturopathic Practitioner go to: http://www.drrobertyoung.com
Robert O Young CPT, MSc, DSc, PhD, Naturopathic Practitioner, Commissioner International Tribunal of Natural Justice
www.drrobertyoung.com - CV
www.drrobertyoung.com/blog - scientific blog
https://www.youtube.com/c/RobertYoung555/playlists - 1000's of videos to watch
www.thriveon.com - World premier documentary
"Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men." Matthew 5:13