136 NATURAL WAYS TO USE The Salts of Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Bicarbonate, Magnesium & Calcium
Updated: Jul 16, 2022
The Work and Research of Dr. Robert O. Young for Improved Health, Energy, Vitality and Fitness!
pH Miracle pHour Salts, created by Dr. Robert O. Young is the “ultimate” antioxidant, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-intoxicant, anti-inflammatory, anti-carcinogenic, anti-acid, anti-aging, energy and athletic enhancer formulation of bicarbonate mineral salts:
A combination of four powerful bicarbonate, chloride and carbonate mineral salts (sodium bicarbonate, magnesium chloride, potassium bicarbonate, and calcium carbonite) for the purpose of anti-oxidant, anti- aging, anti-acid and maintaining the alkaline design of the body from the inside out and the outside in.
These four antioxidant, anti-acid, anti-aging mineral salts are naturally occurring in all fluids of the body. Specifically, they may aid in the reduction of dietary and metabolic acidity helping to maintain the alkaline design of the human, animal or plant body and slow down or reverse the aging or decay process.
The pH Miracle pHour Salts™ – powder or capsules
Dr. Tullio Simmoncini, an oncologist with a cancer clinic in Rome, Italy has been treating and destroying cancerous tumors with mineral salts of bicarbonate for years. Dr. Simmoncini states, “sodium bicarbonate is safe, extremely inexpensive and unstoppably effective when it comes to cancerous tissues.
It’s an irresistible chemical, cyanide to cancerous cells for it hits the cancerous cells with a shock wave of alkalinity, which allows much more oxygen into the acidic cells than they can tolerate. Cancerous cells cannot survive in the presence of high levels of oxygen. Sodium bicarbonate is, for all intent and purposes, an instant killer of tumors.”
According to Dr. Young, “the use of the Young pH Miracle pHour mineral salts is the ultimate protection against all illness, sickness and dis-ease, including any aging or cancerous condition. The pH Miracle pHour salts can not only improve health and energy but athletic performance!”
“All enervation, under-performance, sensitivity, irritation, inflammation, catarrh, induration, ulcerations, degeneration, aging and cancerous conditions are caused by a four letter word – ACID, which is an acronym which stands for:
A = acidic food and drink, attitudes and activities, C = compromised internal acidic environment, I = illness and dis-ease, and, D = desire for more acidic foods, drinks, attitudes
and activities, and the cycle repeats itself.
We ingest acidic medicines to lessen the symptoms of our illness. We stimulate the body with unhealthy forms of energy providing quick, often temporary relief from our symptoms which begins the cycle all over again creating a very powerful pattern of poor health and dis-ease,” states Dr. Robert O. Young.
“During the Olympics in Athens, Greece and in Beijing, China several top athletes have improved their athletic performance and even broke world records using sodium bicarbonate,” states Dr. Young.
A London Times article and scientific research substantiates Dr. Young’s claims, “some athletes relied on more rudimentary – and legal – means to boost their race times, including using a substance tucked away in a kitchen cupboard or in the back of a refrigerator.” This substance is, sodium bicarbonate or baking soda.
“Athletes for years have sworn that taking a spoonful of bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) helps them to keep going for longer. For years, experts doubted that there was anything other than a placebo effect to these claims until they subjected the substance to rigorous examination. Most exercise scientists investigating the trend for “soda-doping” among athletes and gym-goers have shown that it offers significant benefits for endurance and speed.”
At Loughborough University, for instance, physiologists reporting in the June issue of the International Journal of Sports Medicine showed that swimmers who took baking soda about one hour before a 200m event were able to shave a significant time off their usual performances. Dr Jonathan Folland, who led the study, says that it is not uncommon for top swimmers to take sodium bicarbonate (another name for the substance) before a competition to give them an edge. Indeed, he showed that of nine swimmers tested, eight recorded their fastest times after ingesting a supplement of the common baking ingredient – sodium bicarbonate.
Another small study by Dr Ronald Deitrick,of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), showed that competitive runners also benefited. Dr Deitrick, who presented his findings at the ACSM annual conference, gave 800m runners either a placebo or a sodium bicarbonate capsule, which they took with water. Although a few of the runners had minor gastrointestinal problems after swallowing the capsules, a greater number benefited significantly.
Prior to the Beijing Olympics, an Australian sports scientist said that the use of legal performance-enhancing substances could become a major issue of the Beijing Olympics. “Beijing will probably be remembered for the abuse of legal aids,” said Robin Parisotto on Australian radio.
And Dr Deitrick believes that bicarbonate of soda can significantly improve performance. “If you took out the participants who experienced negative side-effects… you’d see an average improvement in running times of about 2.2 seconds,” Dr Deitrick says. “For a relatively short running distance, that’s very significant.”
But how does something so seemingly innocuous have such a dramatic effect? During prolonged or intense exercise muscles produce large amounts of acidic waste products, such as lactic acid, that lead to soreness, stiffness and fatigue. Because sodium bicarbonate naturally reduces acids, it acts as a buffer against these performance-limiting by-products.
Current research suggests that it is particularly helpful in speed-based events, including sprints, football and other fast-moving games, and middle-distance (up to 10km) running, swimming and cycling. “Essentially, sodium bicarbonate is an alkaline substance that increases the pH of the blood,” Dr. Folland says. “This seems to reduce and offset the acidity produced in the muscles during intense, anaerobic exercise that produces lactic acid most quickly, such as fast running or swimming.”
In Dr Folland’s study, swimmers who took the sodium bicarbonate knocked 1.5 seconds off their time for 200m, a difference that may seem insignificant to recreational swimmers but which is substantial at elite level.
“At the last Olympics, the top four swimmers in the men’s 200m freestyle were separated by just 1.4 seconds,” Dr Folland says. “So, in theory, it could be the difference between winning a medal and not.”
Anyone can try it, he says, but only those who are serious enough to monitor their times and progress in sports such as running, swimming or cycling may notice the few seconds advantage it might provide. “The increments of improvement are relatively small to the average person, although significant to someone who competes,” Dr Folland says.
The following list are 136 ways of using Dr. Young’s, pH Miracle pHour Salts, antioxidant, anti-acid and anti-aging athletic enhancing formula in the prevention and/or reversal of all sensitivity, irritation, catarrh, induration, ulceration, degeneration, pain, fatigue and enervation that leads to ALL illness, sickness, and dis-ease:[1-116]
1. Protection against ALL cancerous conditions. Take 1 scoop. of pHour salts in 1 glass of alkaline water and drink 3 to 4 times a day.[108-116]
2. The alkalizing of acidic cancerous tissues and tumors. Take 1 tbs. of pHour salts in 1 liter of alkaline water and drink 1 to 2 times a day.[108-116]
3. The alkalizing of the blood and tissues to maintain the alkaline design of the body and to prevent ALL sickness and dis-ease! Take 1 scoop of pHour salts in 1 glass of alkaline water and drink 3 to 4 times a day.
4. Protection against acids that may cause nephropathy. According to Dr. Michael Metro, “patients receiving sodium bicarbonate achieved urine pH’s of 6.5 as opposed to 5.6 with those receiving sodium chloride. The alkalization is theorized to have a protective effect against the formation of acids that may cause nephropathy.” Take 1 tbs. of pHour salts in 1 liter of alkaline water and drink 1 to 2 times a day.
5. In the prevention and/or reversal of autism. According to Dr. William Shaw, “an extremely simple therapy used by physicians to treat autism is to supply a mild antidote that neutralizes the excess acids.” Take 1 tbs. of pHour salts in 1 liter of water and drink 1 to 2 times a day.
6. To prevent dis-ease and disease of the kidneys. The kidneys are usually the first organs to show acidic damage where the mineral salts of bicarbonate help to promote excretion of acidic toxins from the tissues. According to Dr. Thomas P. Kennedy, of the American Medical Association, “substituting a sodium bicarbonate solution for saline infusion prior to administration of radio-contrast material seems to reduce the incidence of nephropathy.” Take 1 tbs. of pHour salts in 1 liter of alkaline water and drink 1 to 2 times a day.
7. The removal of heavy metals, dioxins, furans and graphene. Comparison of cancerous tissue with healthy tissues from the same person shows that the cancerous tissue has a much higher concentration of toxic chemicals, acidic hormones and pesticides. Take 1 tbs. of pHour salts in 1 liter of alkaline water and drink 1 to 2 times a day.
8. To eliminate or reduce titers of bacteria or fungi from the biological transformation of body cells. The
mineral salts of bicarbonate are an excellent anti-bacterial and anti-fungal that is very diffusible and thus very effective with no negative side-effects. Take 1 tbs. of pHour salts in 1 liter of alkaline water and drink 1 to 2 times a day.
9. To help reverse pulmonary neoplasm of the lung use 1 tbs. of pHour salts in l liter of alkaline water and drink 1 to 2 times a day.
10. To help reverse the acidic condition pneumonia of the lungs mist or nebulize 10 ml of alkaline water with 2 drops of liquid sodium and/or potassium bicarbonate 2 to 3 times a day.
11. To help reverse the acidic condition of asthma mist or nebulize 10 ml of alkaline water with 2 drops of liquid sodium and/or potassium bicarbonate 2 to 3 times a day.
12. To help reverse the acidic condition of sinusitis mist or nebulize 10 ml of alkaline water with 2 drops of liquid sodium and/or potassium bicarbonate 2 to 3 times a day.
13. According to Dr. Tullio Simoncini, “the most effective measure to treat RT-induced mucosititis in patients with head and neck cancer is frequent oral rinsing with pHour salts to reduce the amount of oral microbial flora.” Take 1 tbs. of pHour salts in 1 liter of alkaline water and drink 1 to 2 times a day.[108-116]
14. “For uncontrolled diabetes and circulatory insufficiency due to shock or severe dehydration, extracorporeal circulation of blood, cardiac arrest, and severe primary lactic acidosis, take sodium bicarbonate,” states Dr. Tullio Simoncini. Take 1 tbs. of pHour salts in 1 liter of alkaline water and drink 1 to 2 times a day.
15. Keep a jar of pHour Salts in your fridge for smelling fresh and reducing acidic gaseous residues from spoiling foods.
16. A pinch of pHour Salts in a gallon of freshly brewed iced tea takes out the bad tasting acidic tannins and prevents cloudiness and acidic effect.
17. When soaking dried beans or cooking cabbage, add a dash to the water to make them less gaseous.
18. The pHour Salts will reduce or eliminate the flatulence caused by the beans.
19. To keep tomato soup from curdling, sprinkle some pHour Salts on the simmering tomatoes and skim off the white foam before adding soy, almond or hazel nut milk.
20. Two tbs. of pHour Salts added to hot water to broccoli and cauliflower keeps the veggies crisp and preserves the electrical potential of the cooked veggies.
21. Pet care: Sprinkle pHour Salts onto his/her coat and brush or comb through for dry acidic odor protection between baths.
22. Give plastic and rubber toys a bath in a solution of 4 Tb. of pHour Salts dissolved in 1 quart warm water. Sprinkle fabric toys with pHour Salts brushed off after 15 minutes.
23. Brush teeth with a teaspoon of pHour Salts on a damp toothbrush to avoid acidic plaque and keep breath fresh.
24. Soak retainers, mouth guards, and dentures in pHour Salts and warm water solution (2 tsp to a drinking glass full).
25. Rinse mouth with a teaspoon of pHour Salts and1 drop of essential peppermint oil for an incredible mouth wash and freshener.
26. Make a paste of 3 parts pHour Salts to one part water for an effective and inexpensive skin exfoliant. Just apply it to your skin with fingertips or a washcloth in a gentle, circular motion and rinse.
27. Mix a little pHour Salts into your shampoo to strip out product buildup, or add it into your conditioner for extra-healthy, non-split ends.
28. Apply a paste of pHour Salts and water to take the ouch out of bug bites, bee stings, sunburns, rashes, poison ivy, or pour in bathwater for relief from the itch of chicken pox and measles.
29. Drink 1 to 3 teaspoon of pHour Salts in ½ glass of water to relieve acid indigestion and heartburn.
30. Use pHour Salts as a mouthwash for bad breath or to soothe canker sore pain. Add a 1/2 tsp to water a swish your mouth and then discard or drink.
31. Run pHour Salts and water solution through your coffee maker, followed by two fresh water brew cycles to keep your java tasting tip top. Of course, the best solution is not to drink acidic java.
32. Add a pinch of pHour Salts to your cup of java to reduce the acidic effects of the caffeine. The best recommendation is not drink beverages that are acidic.
33. Zap nasty cutting board tastes and smells by scrubbing them with a mixture of pHour Salts and water.
34. pHour salts will cut grease, wont’ dry out the wood, and will also take garlic and onion smells off your skin.
35. Use a damp paper towel and a sprinkling of pHour Salts to remove tea and punch stains from china and plastic. Especially chlorophyll stains in your water drinking bottle.
36. Neutralize spilled battery acid in a flash with a handful of pHour Salts.
37. pHour Salts and a wet wash cloth makes an excellent bumper buffer when little scuffs appear. It also
shines up bike chrome.
38. pHour Salts is a natural fire-stopper. Keep a jar close at hand when you are working with live fire of any kind. A handful can put out grease, electrical, wood, and fuel fires.
39. Sprinkle pHour Salts on an outdoor grill or make a paste with water, and scrub grit off the grill without the danger of adding nasty cleaning chemicals to your food.
40. Rub pHour Salts directly on a baby spit up to nix the smell quickly.
41. Soak sweat-drenched headbands, hats and gloves or smoky clothes in a pHour Salts solution before they hit the washing machine. Or if you’re pressed for time, sprinkle it on clothing for a quick odor mask.
42. Gardening mildew! Keep fungus, black spots and powdery mildew off your precious plants by mixing pHour Salts, horticultural oil and soap and applying it to affected leaves. Just add 1 tsp of pHour Salts and a few drops of dish washing soap to a gallon of water, and spray once a week, and after it rains.
43. Make a paste of pHour salts by mixing 1/2 tsp ofmpHour Salts in some alkaline water and apply to the armpits for eliminating acidic body dietary and/or metabolic odors.
44. Drink a 4 ounce glass of pHour salts just before an acidic meal to buffer or chelate food acids. Use 1 tbs. of pHour Salts per 4 ounces of alkaline water.
45. Drink a 4 ounce glass of alkaline water with 1 tbs. of pHour Salts upon rising to flush and clean the alimentary canal.
46. Add 3 tsp. of pHour Salts to your colonic bag to pull acids and bile from the liver.
47. For a hang over drink an 8 ounce glass of alkaline water with 2 tbs. of pHour salts to help eliminate the acidic alcohol residues. This mixture will also reduce blood alcohol when one has had too much to drink. Of course, I strongly recommend you eliminate all alcohol consumption to maintain health and energy.
48. For motion sickness on a boat or plane drink a 8 to 12 ounce glass of alkaline water with 1 tbs. of pHour Salts.
49. For morning sickness during pregnancy drink an 8 ounce glass of alkaline water with 1 tbs. of pHour Salts.
50. For restless leg syndrome drink 1 liter or quart of alkaline water with 2 tbs. of pHour Salts.
51. For muscle soreness or inflammation drink 1 liter or quart of alkaline water with 2 tbs. of pHour Salts.
52. For acne make a paste of pHour salts with alkaline water and cover the face. Leave on the face for at least 30 minutes.
53. For sore feet or athlete’s feet soak your feet in warm alkaline water with 2 to 3 tbs of pHour Salts.
54. For air born micro-organisms in a closed area, such as in a plane, drink an 8 ounce glass of alkaline water with 1 tbs. of pHour Salts before and after your flight.
55. Reduce vaginal odor or yeast douche with warm alkaline water and 1 to 2 tsp. of pHour salts.
56. For an alkaline enema and to help relieve bowel congestion insert 6 to 8 ounces of warm alkaline water with 1 tbs. of pHour Salts.
57. For relaxing after a hard day at work take an alkalizing warm bath with 5 to 6 tbs. of pHour Salts.
58. To maintain a healthy urine and saliva pH at 7.2 and above or the ideal pH of 8.465 drink 1 liter/quart of alkaline water with 1 tbs of pHour Salts 3 times a day.
59. If you feel like you have a sore throat developing or if you have a sore throat gargle with a mixture of 1 tbs of pHour salts in 4 to 6 ounces of water.
60. For acid reflux, nausea, or indigestion drink 4 to 6 ounces of alkaline water with 1 tbs of pHour salts to buffer excess hydrochloric acid and dietary acid.
61. For constipation drink 1 liter of pHour salts with 1 to 2 tbs of pHour salts on an empty stomach an first thing in the morning.
62. For muscle or bone soreness drink 1 liter of pHour salts with 1 to 2 tbs at least once a day.
63. After any physical or emotional activity or event drink 1 liter of pHour salts with 1 tbs. to reduce irritation or inflammation.
64. For sore hands or feet soak in alkaline war, water with 3 to 4 tbs. of pHour salts.
65. For detoxing the skin when there is irritation or inflammation use one tub of pHour salts in a warm to hot bath to pull acids from the skin.
66. For high blood sugar take 1 tbs. of pHour salts in 1 liter of alkaline water to lower the acidic levels of sugar in the blood.
67. For high blood cholesterol take 1 tbs. of pHour salts in 1 liter of alkaline water to buffer metabolic or dietary acids that is causing the high bleed cholesterol.
68. For emotional stress or anxiety take 1 tbs. in 1 liter of alkaline water and drink 2 to 3 times a day.
69. To raise the pH and total alkalinity of the water for pools and spas add several tbs. of pHour salts to restore the pH balance of the water that has a high level of chlorine.
70. Add a tub of pHour salts to your septic tank to control the pH, bacteria and yeast.
71. Long term acidity causes acid blood, which is like acid rain, causes the calcium from the bones to be leached out as a result. Take 1 tsp. of pHour salts in 3 to 4 ounces of alkaline water and drink 3 to 4 times a day to prevent the symptoms of bone wasting and acidic blood.
72. Dr. Simoncini states, “earlier and more frequent use of sodium bicarbonate was associated with higher early reconcilability rates and with better long-term neurological outcome. Sodium bicarbonate is beneficial for CPR.”[109-116]
73. “Sodium bicarbonate is useful in prevention and reversal of neurological disorders,” states Dr. Simoncini.[108-116]
74. Make a paste of pHour salts and place it any where on the body to relieve irritation, and/or inflammation of the skin.
75. To maintain health, energy, vitality and the alkaline design of the body take 1 tsp of pHour salts in 3 to 4 ounces of water and drink 3 to 4 times a day.
76. To hyper-alkalinize the tissues in the prevention and reversal of an ulceration or degeneration take 1 tsp of pHour salts in 3 to 4 ounces of alkaline water and drink 3 to 4 times a day. To determine if the body tissues are in a state of hyper-alkalinization the urine pH will be over an 8.0 pH.
77. To increase energy take 1 tsp of pHour salts in 3 to 4 ounces of water and drink.
78. To reduce fatigue take 1 tsp of pHour salts in 3 to 4 ounces of water and drink.
79. To increase stamina take 3 tsp of pHour salts in 1 liter of water and drink 1 hour before exercise or athletic event.
80. To increase endurance and speed take 3 tsp of pHour salts in 1 liter of water and drink 1 hour before exercise or athletic event.
81. For running or swimming sprints take 3 tsp of pHour salts in 6 to 8 ounces of water 1 hour before the event to increase speed.
82. During marathons, or athletic events that last longer then a few minutes take 1 to 3 tsp of pHour salts in 6 to 8 ounces of water every hour.
83. To reduce pain and swelling due to injury or lactic acid build-up take 3 tsp of pHour salts in 1 liter of water and drink.
84. To eliminate the effects of a hang-over from alcohol take 1 tbs. of pHour salts in a liter of water and drink.
85. To prevent stomach outfection and the birth H pylori take 1 tbs. of pHour salts in 1 liter of water and drink.
86. Make Toothpaste paste made from pHour salts and a 3 percent hydrogen peroxide solution can be used as an alternative to commercial non-fluoride toothpastes. (Or here’s a formula for a minty version.) You can also just dip your toothbrush with toothpaste into baking soda for an extra boost.
87. Freshen Your Mouth - Put one teaspoon in half a glass of water, swish, spit and rinse. Odors are neutralized, not just covered up.
88. Soak Oral Appliance - Soak oral appliances, like retainers, mouthpieces, and dentures, in a solution of 2 teaspoons pHour salts dissolved in a glass or small bowl of warm water. The pHour salts loosens food particles and neutralizes odors to keep appliances fresh. You can also brush appliances clean using baking soda.
89. Use as a Facial Scrub and Body Exfoliant - Give yourself an invigorating facial and body scrub. Make a paste of 3 parts pHour salts to 1 part water. Rub in a gentle circular motion to exfoliate the skin. Rinse clean. This is gentle enough for daily use. (For a stronger exfoliant, try one of these great 5 Homemade alkalizing Scrubs.)
90. Skip Harsh Deodorant Pat pHour salts onto your underarms to neutralize body odor.
91. Use as an Antacid pHour salts is a safe and effective antacid to relieve heartburn, sour stomach and/or acid indigestion.
92. Treat Insect Bites & Itchy Skin - For insect bites, make a paste out of pHout salts and water, and apply as a salve onto affected skin. To ease the itch, shake some pHour salts into your hand and rub it into damp skin after bath or shower. For specific tips on bee stings, see Bee Stings: Prevention and Treatment.
93. Make a Hand Cleanser and Softener - Skip harsh soaps and gently scrub away ground-in dirt and neutralize odors on hands with a paste of 3 parts pHour salts to 1 part water, or 3 parts pHour salts to gentle liquid hand soap. Then rinse clean. You can try this honey and cornmeal scrub for hands too.
94. Help Your Hair - Vinegar is amazing for your hair, but pHour salts has its place in the shower too. Sprinkle a small amount of pHour salts into your palm along with your favorite shampoo. Shampoo as usual and rinse thoroughly–pHour salts helps remove the residue that styling products leave behind so your hair is cleaner and more manageable.
95. Clean Brushes and Combs - For lustrous hair with more shine, keep brushes and combs clean. Remove natural oil build-up and hair product residue by soaking combs and brushes in a solution of 1 teaspoon of pHour salts in a small basin of warm water. Rinse and allow to dry.
96. Make a Bath Soak - Add 1/2 cup of pHour salts to your bath to neutralize acids on the skin and help wash away oil and perspiration, it also makes your skin feel very soft. Epsom salts are pretty miraculous for the bath too, read about the health benefits of epsom salt baths.
97. Soothe Your Feet - Dissolve 3 tablespoons of pHour salts in a tub of warm water and soak feet.Gently scrub. You can also make a spa soak for your feet.
98. Make a Surface Soft Scrub - For safe, effective cleaning of bathroom tubs, tile and sinks–even fiberglass and glossy tiles–sprinkle baking soda lightly on a clean damp sponge and scrub as usual. Rinse thoroughly and wipe dry. For extra cleaning power, make a paste with pHour salts, course salt and liquid dish soap—let it sit then scour off.
99. Handwash Dishes and Pots & Pans - Add 2 heaping tablespoons pHour salts (along with your regular dish detergent) to the dish water to help cut grease and foods left on dishes, pots and pans. For cooked-on foods, let them soak in the pHour salts and detergent with water first, then use dry pHour salts on a clean damp sponge or cloth as a scratchless scouring powder. Using a dishwasher? Try these energy saving tips.
100. Freshen Sponges - Soak stale-smelling sponges in a strong pHour salts solution to get rid of the mess (4 tablespoons of pHour salts dissolved in 1 quart of warm water). For more thorough disinfecting, use the microwave.
101. Clean the Oven - pHour salts on a clean damp sponge cleans gently inside and outside the oven and never leaves a harsh chemical smell. Rinse well with water.
102. Polish Silver Flatware - Use a pHour salts paste made with 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water. Rub onto the silver with a clean cloth or sponge. Rinse thoroughly and dry for shining sterling and silver-plate serving pieces.
103. Clean Coffee and Tea Pots - Remove coffee and tea stains and eliminate bitter off-tastes by washing mugs and coffee makers in a solution of 1/4 cup pHour salts in 1 quart of warm water. For stubborn stains, try soaking overnight in the pHour salts solution and detergent or scrubbing with pHour salts on a clean damp sponge.
104. Clean the Oven - Sprinkle pHour salts onto the bottom of the oven. Spray with water to dampen the baking soda. Let sit overnight. In the morning, scrub, scoop the pHour salts and grime out with a sponge, or vacuum, and rinse.
105. Clean Floors - Remove dirt and grime (without unwanted scratch marks) from no wax and tile floors using 1/2 cup of pHour salts in a bucket of warm water–mop and rinse clean for a sparkling floor. For scuff marks, use pHour salts on a clean damp sponge, then rinse. Read Natural Floor Cleaning for more tips on avoiding toxic floor cleaners.
106. Clean Furniture - You can make a homemade lemon furniture polish, or you can clean and remove marks (even crayon) from walls and painted furniture by applying pHour salts to a damp sponge and rubbing lightly. Wipe off with a clean, dry cloth.
107. Clean Shower Curtains - Clean and deodorize your vinyl shower curtain by sprinkling pHour salts directly on a clean damp sponge or brush. Scrub the shower curtain and rinse clean. Hang it up to dry.
108. Boost Your Liquid Laundry Detergent - Give your laundry a boost by adding ½ cup of pHour salts to your laundry to make liquid detergent work harder. A better balance of pH in the wash gets clothes cleaner, fresher, and brighter.
109. Gently Clean Baby Clothes - Baby skin requires the most gentle of cleansers, which are increasingly available, but odor and stain fighters are often harsh. For tough stains add 1/2 cup of pHour salts to your liquid laundry detergent, or a 1/2 cup in the rinse cycle for deodorization.
110. Clean Cloth Diapers - Dissolve ½ cup of pHour salts in 2 quarts of water and soak diapers thoroughly.
111. Clean and Freshen Sports Gear - Use a pHour salts solution (4 tablespoons pHour salts in 1 quart warm water) to clean and deodorize smelly sports equipment. Sprinkle pHour salts into golf bags and gym bags to deodorize, clean golf irons (without scratching them!) with a pHour salts paste (3 parts pHour salts to 1 part water) and a brush. Rinse thoroughly.
112. Remove Oil and Grease Stains - Use pHour salts to clean up light-duty oil and grease spills on your garage floor or in your driveway. Sprinkle pHour salts on the spot and scrub with a wet brush.
113. Clean Batteries - pHour salts can be used to neutralize battery acid corrosion on cars, mowers, etc. because its a mild alkali. Be sure to disconnect the battery terminals before cleaning. Make a paste of 3 parts pHour salts to 1 part water, apply with a damp cloth to scrub corrosion from the battery terminal. After cleaning and re-connecting the terminals, wipe them with petroleum jelly to prevent future corrosion. Please be careful when working around a battery–they contain a strong acid
114. Clean Cars - Use pHour salts to clean your car lights, chrome, windows, tires, vinyl seats and floor mats without worrying about unwanted scratch marks. Use a pHour salts solution of 1/4 cup baking soda in 1 quart of warm water. Apply with a sponge or soft cloth to remove road grime, tree sap, bugs, and tar. For stubborn stains use pHour salts sprinkled on a damp sponge or soft brush. Here’s how Sustainable Dave washes his car.
115. Deodorize Your Refrigerator - Place an open jar of pHour salts in the back of the fridge to neutralize odors.
116. Deodorize the Cutting Board - Sprinkle the cutting board with pHour salts scrub, rinse. For how to more thoroughly clean your cutting board, see How To Clean Your Cutting Boards.
117. Deodorize Trashcans - Sprinkle pHour salts on the bottom of your trashcan to keep stinky trash smells at bay.
118. Deodorize Recyclables - Sprinkle pHour salts on top as you add to the container. Also, clean your recyclable container periodically by sprinkling pHour salts on a damp sponge. Wipe clean and rinse. Learn about how to recycle everything.
119. Deodorize Drains - To deodorize your sink and tub drains, and keep lingering odors from resurfacing, pour 1/2 cup of pHour salts down the drain while running warm tap water–it will neutralize both acid and basic odors for a fresh drain. (This a good way to dispose of pHour saltsthat is being retired from your refrigerator.) Do you know what you’re not supposed to put down your drains?
120. Deodorize and Clean Dishwashers - Use pHour salts to deodorize before you run the dishwasher and then as a gentle cleanser in the wash cycle.
121. Deodorize Garbage Disposals - To deodorize your disposal, and keep lingering odors from resurfacing, pour pHour salts down the drain while running warm tap water. Baking Soda will neutralize both acid and basic odors for a fresh drain.
122. Deodorize Lunch Boxes - Between uses, place a spill-proof box of pHour salts in everyone’s lunch box to absorb lingering odors. Read bout safe lunch boxes here.
123. Remove Odor From Carpets - Liberally sprinkle pHour salts on the carpet. Let set overnight, or as long as possible (the longer it sets the better it works). Sweep up the larger amounts of baking soda, and vacuum up the rest. (Note that your vacuum cleaner bag will get full and heavy.)
124. Remove Odor From Vacuum Cleaners - By using the method above for carpets, you will also deodorize your vacuum cleaner.
125. Freshen Closets - Place a box on the shelf to keep the closet smelling fresh, then follow these tips to organize your closet in an eco-friendly way.
126. Deodorizing Cars - Odors settle into car upholstery and carpet, so each time you step in and sit down, they are released into the air all over again. Eliminate these odors by sprinkling pHour salts directly on fabric car seats and carpets. Wait 15 minutes (or longer for strong odors) and vacuum up the pHour salts.
127. Deodorize the Cat Box - Cover the bottom of the pan with pHour salts, then fill as usual with litter. To freshen between changes, sprinkle pHour salts on top of the litter after a thorough cleaning. You can also use chlorophyll for this purpose!
128. Deodorize Pet Bedding - Eliminate odors from your pets bedding by sprinkling liberally with pHour salts, wait 15 minutes (or longer for stronger odors), then vacuum up.
129. Deodorize Sneakers - Keep odors from spreading in smelly sneakers by shaking pHour salts into them when not in use. Shake out before wearing. When they’re no longer wearable, make sure to donate your old sneakers.
130. Freshen Linens - Add 1/2 cup of pHour salts to the rinse cycle for fresher sheets and towels. You can also make homemade lavender linen water with this formula.
131. Deodorize Your Wash - Gym clothes of other odoriferous clothing can be neutralized with a ½ cup of pHour salt in the rinse cycle.
132. Freshen Stuffed Animals - Keep favorite cuddly toys fresh with a dry shower of pHour salts. Sprinkle pHour salts on and let it sit for 15 minutes before brushing off.
133. Camping Cure-all - pHour salts is a must-have for your next camping trip. Its a dish washer, pot scrubber, hand cleanser, deodorant, toothpaste,f ire extinguisher and many other uses.
134. Extinguish Fires - pHour salts can help in the initial handling of minor grease or electrical kitchen fires, because when pHour salts is heated, it gives off carbon dioxide, which helps to smother the flames. For small cooking fires (frying pans, broilers, ovens, grills), turn off the gas or electricity if you can safely do so. Stand back and throw handfuls of pHour salts at the base of the flame to help put out the fire–and call the Fire Department just to be safe. (And, you should have a fire entinguisher on hand anyway, here’s why.
135. Septic Care - Regular use of pHour salts in your drains can help keep your septic system flowing freely. 1 cup of pHour salt per week will help maintain a favorable pH in your septic tank.1
136. Fruit and Vegetable Scrub - pHour salts is the food safe way to clean dirt and residue off fresh fruit and vegetables. Just sprinkle a little on a clean damp sponge, scrub and rinse. Here’s another way to clean your vegetables as well.
"It is important of remember that the human body is alkaline by design and acidic by function. To maintain that healthy ageless, athletic alkaline design of your body may I suggest using pH Miracle pHour Salts everyday, states Dr. Robert O. Young
The pH Miracle pHour Salts™ – powder and capsules
According to Dr. Robert O. Young, “if the body’s blood stays at 7.365 and interstitial fluids of the Interstitium remain alkaline at 8.465 it is susceptible to NO illness, sickness or dis-ease. This is what I refer to as true immunity and true prevention!”
Want to learn more? Go to: www.drrobertyoung.com/blog or www.phmiracleproducts.com
Additional Health Benefits of Sodium and Potassium Bicarbonate
Sodium bicarbonate cures metabolic acidosis 
Sodium bicarbonate inhibits bacterial growth 
Sodium bicarbonate prevents growth of spoilage microbes on vegetables 
Sodium bicarbonate and hydrogen peroxide have synergistic antimicrobial effects 
Sodium bicarbonate “is central to the treatment of many poisonings”
Sodium bicarbonate prevents damage caused by herbicide glyphosate, paraquat, amitriptyline,  yew berry poisoning  and uranium 
Sodium bicarbonate (topically) reduces redness caused by jellyfish sting 
Sodium bicarbonate effectively treats near-fatal flecainide overdose 
Sodium bicarbonate inhibits calcivirus 
Sodium bicarbonate and calcium gluconate solution effective for treating osteoarthritis 
Sodium bicarbonate prevents bone demineralization caused by acidosis 
Sodium bicarbonate corrects mental status abnormalities (i.e. confusion, slurred speech) caused by acidosis 
Chronic Kidney Disease:
Sodium bicarbonate improves nutritional status and dramatically slows progression of CKD 
Sodium bicarbonate preserves kidney function in patients with CKD 
Sodium bicarbonate resolves abnormal heart rate in patients with CKD 
Sodium bicarbonate mouth rinse restores function of taste buds and relieves other symptoms of CKD 
Sodium bicarbonate toothpaste provides a ‘clean mouth feel,’ whitens teeth, enhances plaque removal, reduces bleeding and provides “statistically significant improvements in gingival health”
Sodium bicarbonate mouthwash significantly reduces mineral loss from tooth enamel[29-32]
Sodium bicarbonate chewing gum significantly removes dental plaque and reduces gingivitis[33-35]
Sodium bicarbonate eliminates uranium from the body
Bicarbonate-rich mineral water increases insulin sensitivity in humans
Sodium bicarbonate treats diabetic acidosis in children
Sodium bicarbonate neutralizes high aluminum concentrations in water
Sodium bicarbonate removes 92% of uranium from contaminated soil samples
Sodium bicarbonate removes chemical pollutant polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) from waterways
“Mixed with sodium bicarbonate, one metric ton of PCB-tainted soil can be cleansed per hour in a rotary reactor.”
Sodium bicarbonate increases back squat repetitions to failure
Sodium bicarbonate improves 200m swimming time
Sodium bicarbonate significantly increases punches landed during 4 rounds of boxing
Sodium bicarbonate improves cycling performance during repeated sprints
Sodium bicarbonate fed to black belly Barbados lambs for 10 days significantly improves meat quality
Sodium bicarbonate corrects acidosis and improves hydration in diarrheal calves
Sodium bicarbonate improves calcium absorption and eggshell quality of laying hens
Sodium bicarbonate promotes growth, photosynthesis and biochemical composition of marine algae[51[
Sodium bicarbonate prevents excessive inflammation and accelerates healing process
Bicarbonate-calcium-magnesium water improves skin regeneration
Sodium bicarbonate restores abnormal heart rate caused by crack cocaine,[5 bupropion and diphenhydramine
Sodium bicarbonate eliminates seizures and heart abnormalities caused by antidepressant overdose[6[
Carbonated water with a meal reduces risk of cardiovascular disease
Sodium bicarbonate enhances immune system
Sodium bicarbonate promotes antitumor immunity
Sodium bicarbonate reduces inflammation
Sodium bicarbonate significantly increases lifespan of mice
Sodium bicarbonate stimulates oxidative metabolism
Sodium bicarbonate substantially decreases tissue calcification
Sodium bicarbonate and albumin enhance weight loss effects of anti-obesity herb fenugreek
Radiation Poisoning from Radio and Microwaves:
Sodium bicarbonate prevents painful ulceration of the mouth caused by radiotherapy
Bicarbonate “plays critically important roles during virtually the entire process of reproduction in mammals”
Sodium bicarbonate effective for simulating embryonic environment during in vitro fertilization
Sodium bicarbonate improves growth of children
Sodium bicarbonate and acetic acid solution (topically) renews natural immune barrier of skin
Sodium bicarbonate baths dramatically improve psoriasis in humans
Sodium bicarbonate improves sleep quality
Sodium bicarbonate improves thyroid function
Sodium bicarbonate reduces free radicals
Sodium bicarbonate reduces tumor necrosis factor-alpha
Sodium bicarbonate reduces interleukin-1beta
Sodium bicarbonate reduces interleukin-6
Sodium bicarbonate reduces interleukin-8
Sodium bicarbonate reduces nuclear factor kappa-b
Sodium bicarbonate reduces cortisol
Sodium bicarbonate reduces prolactin
Sodium bicarbonate reduces nitric oxide
Sodium bicarbonate reduces lactic acid
Sodium bicarbonate reduces prostaglandins
Sodium bicarbonate reduces histamine
Sodium bicarbonate softens earwax and aids in its removal
Sodium bicarbonate dissolves uric acid stones and bladder stones
Sodium bicarbonate effective for treating cystic fibrosis
Sodium bicarbonate decreases mortality in patients treated for acute respiratory failure
Sodium bicarbonate increases return of spontaneous circulation during CPR
Support the work, research and findings of Dr. Robert O. Young at: https://www.givesendgo.com/research
No donation is too small and will be appreciated and used for continuous research, publications and public education!
* * *
As a special thank you for your donation, I will answer one health or lifestyle related question.
After your donation, please email me at: email@example.com.
Keep your question short and very specific. Please include your first and last name, phone number and email. Your question will be answered within 72 hours.
God bless YOU ALL!
Stay healthy and happy!
Brunkhorst R. [Mineral and bone disorder in chronic kidney disease : Critical appraisal of pharmacotherapy]. Internist (Berl). 2014;55(3):334-9. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19644521
Wolinsky LE, Lott T. Effects of the inorganic salts sodium chloride, sodium bicarbonate, and magnesium sulfate upon the growth and motility of Treponema vincentii. J Periodontol. 1986;57(3):172-5. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3007725
Malik YS, Goyal SM. Virucidal efficacy of sodium bicarbonate on a food contact surface against feline calicivirus, a norovirus surrogate. Int J Food Microbiol. 2006;109(1-2):160-3. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0168160506000651
Newbrun E. The use of sodium bicarbonate in oral hygiene products and practice. Compend Contin Educ Dent Suppl. 1997;18(21):S2-7. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12017930
Drake DR, Vargas K, Cardenzana A, Srikantha R. Enhanced bactericidal activity of Arm and Hammer Dental Care. Am J Dent. 1995;8(6):308-12. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8695008
Pinto L, Ippolito A, Baruzzi F. Control of spoiler Pseudomonas spp. on fresh cut vegetables by neutral electrolyzed water. Food Microbiol. 2015;50:102-8. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0740002015000763
Miyasaki KT, Genco RJ, Wilson ME. Antimicrobial properties of hydrogen peroxide and sodium bicarbonate individually and in combination against selected oral, gram-negative, facultative bacteria. J Dent Res. 1986;65(9):1142-8. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3016051
Neavyn MJ, Boyer EW, Bird SB, Babu KM. Sodium acetate as a replacement for sodium bicarbonate in medical toxicology: a review. J Med Toxicol. 2013;9(3):250-4. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23636658
Bando H, Murao Y, Aoyagi U, Hirakawa A, Iwase M, Nakatani T. [Extreme hyperkalemia in a patient with a new glyphosate potassium herbicide poisoning: report of a case]. Chudoku Kenkyu. 2010;23(3):246-9. https://www.medscape.com/medline/abstract/20865912
Declerck MP, Bailey Y, Craig D, et al. Efficacy of Topical Treatments for Chrysaora chinensis Species: A Human Model in Comparison with an In Vitro Model. Wilderness Environ Med. 2016;27(1):25-38. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1080603215003476
Ren A, Ren S, Jian X, Zhang Q. [The prevention and therapeutics effect of sodium bicarbonate with gastric lavage, atomization inhalation and intravenous injection on the patients with paraquat poisoning and pulmonary fibrosis induced by paraquat poisoning]. Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi. 2015;33(9):693-4. https://www.medscape.com/medline/abstract/26832708
Pierog J, Kane B, Kane K, Donovan JW. Management of isolated yew berry toxicity with sodium bicarbonate: a case report in treatment efficacy. J Med Toxicol. 2009;5(2):84-9. http://europepmc.org/articles/PMC3550321
Jang DH, Hoffman RS, Nelson LS. A case of near-fatal flecainide overdose in a neonate successfully treated with sodium bicarbonate. J Emerg Med. 2013;44(4):781-3. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0736467912008724
Zhao B, Yang L, Xiao L, et al. [The influence of sodium bicarbonate combined with ulinastatin on cholinesterase activity for patients with acute phoxim pesticide poisoning]. Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi. 2016;34(1):53-5. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/299431808_The_influence_of_sodium_bicarbonate_combined_with_ulinastatin_on_cholinesterase_activity_for_patients_with_acute_phoxim_pesticide_poisoning
Stefanovic D, Antonijevic B, Bokonjic D, Stojiljkovic MP, Milovanovic ZA, Nedeljkovic M. Effect of sodium bicarbonate in rats acutely poisoned with dichlorvos. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2006;98(2):173-80. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1742-7843.2006.pto_68.x/full
García-padilla S, Duarte-vázquez MA, Gonzalez-romero KE, Caamaño Mdel C, Rosado JL. Effectiveness of intra-articular injections of sodium bicarbonate and calcium gluconate in the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized double-blind clinical trial. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2015;16:114. https://bmcmusculoskeletdisord.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12891-015-0568-4
Raphael KL. Approach to the Treatment of Chronic Metabolic Acidosis in CKD. Am J Kidney Dis. 2016;67(4):696-702. http://www.ajkd.org/article/S0272-6386(15)01492-4/pdf
Bakhru MR, Kumar A, Aneja A. A 58-year-old woman with mental status changes. Cleve Clin J Med. 2007;74(6):457-62. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17569204
De brito-ashurst I, Varagunam M, Raftery MJ, Yaqoob MM. Bicarbonate supplementation slows progression of CKD and improves nutritional status. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009;20(9):2075-84. http://jasn.asnjournals.org/content/20/9/2075.abstract
Jeong J, Kwon SK, Kim HY. Effect of bicarbonate supplementation on renal function and nutritional indices in predialysis advanced chronic kidney disease. Electrolyte Blood Press. 2014;12(2):80-7. http://europepmc.org/articles/PMC4297707
Roumelioti ME, Ranpuria R, Hall M, et al. Abnormal nocturnal heart rate variability response among chronic kidney disease and dialysis patients during wakefulness and sleep. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2010;25(11):3733-41. http://europepmc.org/articles/PMC2980993
Manley KJ. Will mouth wash solutions of water, salt, sodiumbicarbonate or citric acid improve upper gastrointestinal symptoms in chronic kidney disease. Nephrology (Carlton). 2017;22(3):213-219. https://www.medscape.com/medline/abstract/26891101
Ash A, Wilde PJ, Bradshaw DJ, King SP, Pratten JR. Structural modifications of the salivary conditioning film upon exposure to sodium bicarbonate: implications for oral lubrication and mouthfeel. Soft Matter. 2016;12(10):2794-801. http://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2016/sm/c5sm01936b#!
Ghassemi A, Hooper W, Vorwerk L, Domke T, Desciscio P, Nathoo S. Effectiveness of a new dentifrice with baking soda and peroxide in removing extrinsic stain and whitening teeth. J Clin Dent. 2012;23(3):86-91. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23210419
Charig A, Winston A, Flickinger M. Enamel mineralization by calcium-containing-bicarbonate toothpastes: assessment by various techniques. Compend Contin Educ Dent. 2004;25(9 Suppl 1):14-24. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15645903
Putt MS, Milleman KR, Ghassemi A, et al. Enhancement of plaque removal efficacy by tooth brushing with baking soda dentifrices: results of five clinical studies. J Clin Dent. 2008;19(4):111-9. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19278079
Ghassemi A, Vorwerk LM, Hooper WJ, Putt MS, Milleman KR. A four-week clinical study to evaluate and compare the effectiveness of a baking soda dentifrice and an antimicrobial dentifrice in reducing plaque. J Clin Dent. 2008;19(4):120-6. http://www.oralcarepro.com/pdfs/articles/JCD-19-4_Ghassemi.pdf
Lomax A, Patel S, Wang N, Kakar K, Kakar A, Bosma ML. A randomized controlled trial evaluating the efficacy of a 67% sodium bicarbonate toothpaste on gingivitis. Int J Dent Hyg. 2016. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/idh.12229/full
Messias DC, Turssi CP, Hara AT, Serra MC. Sodium bicarbonate solution as an anti-erosive agent against simulated endogenous erosion. Eur J Oral Sci. 2010;118(4):385-8. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1600-0722.2010.00749.x/abstract
Kashket S, Yaskell T. Effects of a high-bicarbonate dentifrice on intraoral demineralization. Compend Contin Educ Dent Suppl. 1997;18(21):S11-6. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12017928
Turssi CP, Vianna LM, Hara AT, Do amaral FL, França FM, Basting RT. Counteractive effect of antacid suspensions on intrinsic dental erosion. Eur J Oral Sci. 2012;120(4):349-52. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1600-0722.2012.00972.x/abstract
Alves Mdo S, Mantilla TF, Bridi EC, et al. Rinsing with antacid suspension reduces hydrochloric acid-induced erosion. Arch Oral Biol. 2016;61:66-70. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0003996915300625
Kleber CJ, Putt MS, Milleman JL, Davidson KR, Proskin HM. An evaluation of sodium bicarbonate chewing gum in reducing dental plaque and gingivitis in conjunction with regular toothbrushing. Compend Contin Educ Dent. 2001;22(7A):4-12. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11913310
Kleber CJ, Davidson KR, Rhoades ML. An evaluation of sodium bicarbonate chewing gum as a supplement to toothbrushing for removal of dental plaque from children’s teeth. Compend Contin Educ Dent. 2001;22(7A):36-42. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11913309
Sharma NC, Galustians JH, Qaqish JG. An evaluation of a commercial chewing gum in combination with normal toothbrushing for reducing dental plaque and gingivitis. Compend Contin Educ Dent. 2001;22(7A):13-7. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11913304
Ohmachi Y, Imamura T, Ikeda M, et al. Sodium bicarbonate protects uranium-induced acute nephrotoxicity through uranium-decorporation by urinary alkalinization in rats. J Toxicol Pathol. 2015;28(2):65-71. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4444504/
Larson J, Park TJ. Extreme hypoxia tolerance of naked mole-rat brain. Neuroreport. 2009;20(18):1634-7. https://journals.lww.com/neuroreport/Abstract/2009/12090/Extreme_hypoxia_tolerance_of_naked_mole_rat_brain.12.aspx
Schoppen S, Sánchez-muniz FJ, Pérez-granados M, et al. Does bicarbonated mineral water rich in sodium change insulin sensitivity of postmenopausal women?. Nutr Hosp. 2007;22(5):538-44. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17970536
Reddy CM, Orti E. Insulin and sodium bicarbonate treatment in diabetic ketoacidosis in children. J Natl Med Assoc. 1977;69(5):355-7. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/405501
Yan T, Lapara TM, Novak PJ. The effect of varying levels of sodium bicarbonate on polychlorinated biphenyl dechlorination in Hudson River sediment cultures. Environ Microbiol. 2006;8(7):1288-98. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1462-2920.2006.01037.x/abstract
Neal C, Rowland P, Neal M, et al. Aluminium in UK rivers: a need for integrated research related to kinetic factors, colloidal transport, carbon and habitat. J Environ Monit. 2011;13(8):2153-64. http://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2011/em/c1em10362h#!divAbstract
Phillips, E.J.P., Landa, E.R. & Lovley, D.R. Remediation of uranium contaminated soils with bicarbonate extraction and microbial U(VI) reduction. Journal of Industrial Microbiology (1995) 14: 203. http://www.geobacter.org/publication-files/J_Ind_Microbiol_1995_2.pdf
Popular Science. Recipe for PCB destruction: Add baking soda. August 1993;25.
Duncan MJ, Weldon A, Price MJ. The effect of sodium bicarbonate ingestion on back squat and bench press exercise to failure. J Strength Cond Res. 2014;28(5):1358-66. https://journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Abstract/2014/05000/The_Effect_of_Sodium_Bicarbonate_Ingestion_on_Back.23.aspx
Lindh AM, Peyrebrune MC, Ingham SA, Bailey DM, Folland JP. Sodium bicarbonate improves swimming performance. Int J Sports Med. 2008;29(6):519-23. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18004687
Siegler JC, Hirscher K. Sodium bicarbonate ingestion and boxing performance. J Strength Cond Res. 2010;24(1):103-8. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19625976
Miller P, Robinson AL, Sparks SA, Bridge CA, Bentley DJ, Mcnaughton LR. The Effects of Novel Ingestion of Sodium Bicarbonate on Repeated Sprint Ability. J Strength Cond Res. 2016;30(2):561-8. https://www.medscape.com/medline/abstract/26815179
Egger F, Meyer T, Such U, Hecksteden A. Effects of Sodium Bicarbonate on High-Intensity Endurance Performance in Cyclists: A Double-Blind, Randomized Cross-Over Trial. PLoS ONE. 2014;9(12):e114729. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25494054/
Jallow DB, Hsia LC. Effect of sodium bicarbonate supplementation on carcass characteristics of lambs fed concentrate diets at different ambient temperature levels. Asian-australas J Anim Sci. 2014;27(8):1098-103. https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Effect+of+sodium+bicarbonate+supplementation+on+carcass+…-a0376272728
Booth AJ, Naylor JM. Correction of metabolic acidosis in diarrheal calves by oral administration of electrolyte solutions with or without bicarbonate. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 1987;191(1):62-8. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3038807/
Zhou W, Sui Z, Wang J, et al. Effects of sodium bicarbonate concentration on growth, photosynthesis, and carbonic anhydrase activity of macroalgae Gracilariopsis lemaneiformis, Gracilaria vermiculophylla, and Gracilaria chouae (Gracilariales, Rhodophyta). Photosyn Res. 2016;128(3):259-70. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11120-016-0240-3
Sarat chandra T, Deepak RS, Maneesh kumar M, et al. Evaluation of indigenous fresh water microalga Scenedesmus obtusus for feed and fuel applications: Effect of carbon dioxide, light and nutrient sources on growth and biochemical characteristics. Bioresour Technol. 2016;207:430-9. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960852416300207
Jiang MJ, Zhao JP, Jiao HC, Wang XJ, Zhang Q, Lin H. Dietary supplementation with sodium bicarbonate improves calcium absorption and eggshell quality of laying hens during peak production. Br Poult Sci. 2015;56(6):740-7. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00071668.2015.1113499?journalCode=cbps20
Yuan Z, Zhao J, Chen Y, Yang Z, Cui W, Zheng Q. Regulating inflammation using acid-responsive electrospun fibrous scaffolds for skin scarless healing. Mediators Inflamm. 2014;2014:858045. https://www.hindawi.com/journals/mi/2014/858045/
Faga A, Nicoletti G, Gregotti C, Finotti V, Nitto A, Gioglio L. Effects of thermal water on skin regeneration. Int J Mol Med. 2012;29(5):732-40. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22344563
Erzouki HK, Baum I, Goldberg SR, Schindler CW. Comparison of the effects of cocaine and its metabolites on cardiovascular function in anesthetized rats. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 1993;22(4):557-63. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7505357
Miranda CH, Pazin-filho A. Crack cocaine-induced cardiac conduction abnormalities are reversed by sodium bicarbonate infusion. Case Rep Med. 2013;2013:396401. https://www.hindawi.com/journals/crim/2013/396401/
Kim J, Kim K, Park J, et al. Sodium bicarbonate administration during ongoing resuscitation is associated with increased return of spontaneous circulation. Am J Emerg Med. 2016;34(2):225-9. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26597330
Paksu MS, Zengin H, Ilkaya F, et al. Can empirical hypertonic saline or sodium bicarbonate treatment prevent the development of cardiotoxicity during serious amitriptyline poisoning? Experimental research. Cardiovasc J Afr. 2015;26(3):134-9. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25939777
Franco V. Wide complex tachycardia after bupropion overdose. Am J Emerg Med. 2015;33(10):1540.e3-5. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26311156
Jang DH, Manini AF, Trueger NS, et al. Status epilepticus and wide-complex tachycardia secondary to diphenhydramine overdose. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2010;48(9):945-8. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/15563650.2010.527850?journalCode=ictx20
Hodes D. Sodium bicarbonate and hyperventilation in treating an infant with severe overdose of tricyclic antidepressant. Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). 1984;288(6433):1800-1. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6329399
Clement A, Raney JJ, Wasserman GS, Lowry JA. Chronic amitriptyline overdose in a child. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2012;50(5):431-4. https://www.medscape.com/medline/abstract/22462596
Toxqui L, Pérez-granados AM, Blanco-rojo R, Vaquero MP. A sodium-bicarbonated mineral water reduces gallbladder emptying and postprandial lipaemia: a randomised four-way crossover study. Eur J Nutr. 2012;51(5):607-14. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00394-011-0244-x
Pérez-granados AM, Navas-carretero S, Schoppen S, Vaquero MP. Reduction in cardiovascular risk by sodium-bicarbonated mineral water in moderately hypercholesterolemic young adults. J Nutr Biochem. 2010;21(10):948-53. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0955286309001703
Riemann A, Wußling H, Loppnow H, Fu H, Reime S, Thews O. Acidosis differently modulates the inflammatory program in monocytes and macrophages. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1862(1):72-81. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26499398/
Langfelder A, Okonji E, Deca D, Wei WC, Glitsch MD. Extracellular acidosis impairs P2Y receptor-mediated Ca(2+) signalling and migration of microglia. Cell Calcium. 2015;57(4):247-56. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0143416015000056
Shields EJ, Lam CJ, Cox AR, et al. Extreme Beta-Cell Deficiency in Pancreata of Dogs with Canine Diabetes. PLoS ONE. 2015;10(6):e0129809. http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0129809
Ori Y, Zingerman B, Bergman M, Bessler H, Salman H. The effect of sodium bicarbonate on cytokine secretion in CKD patients with metabolic acidosis. Biomed Pharmacother. 2015;71:98-101. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S075333221500061X
Pilon-thomas S, Kodumudi KN, El-kenawi AE, et al. Neutralization of Tumor Acidity Improves Antitumor Responses to Immunotherapy. Cancer Res. 2016;76(6):1381-90. http://europepmc.org/abstract/MED/26719539
Singer RB, Deering RC, Clark JK. The acute effects in man of a rapid intravenous infusion of hypertonic sodium bicarbonate solution. II. Changes in respiration and output of carbon dioxide. J Clin Invest. 1956;35(2):245-53. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/13286343
Leibrock CB, Voelkl J, Kohlhofer U, Quintanilla-martinez L, Kuro-o M, Lang F. Bicarbonate-sensitive calcification and lifespan of klotho-deficient mice. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2016;310(1):F102-8. http://www.physiology.org/doi/abs/10.1152/ajprenal.00037.2015
Dakam W, Shang J, Agbor G, Oben J. Effects of sodium bicarbonate and albumin on the in vitro water-holding capacity and some physiological properties of Trigonella foenum graecum L. galactomannan in rats. J Med Food. 2007;10(1):169-74. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17472483
Mallick S, Benson R, Rath GK. Radiation induced oral mucositis: a review of current literature on prevention and management. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2016;273(9):2285-93. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00405-015-3694-6
Liu Y, Wang DK, Chen LM. The physiology of bicarbonate transporters in mammalian reproduction. Biol Reprod. 2012;86(4):99. http://www.bioone.org/doi/abs/10.1095/biolreprod.111.096826?journalCode=bire
Quinn P, Cooke S. Equivalency of culture media for human in vitro fertilization formulated to have the same pH under an atmosphere containing 5% or 6% carbon dioxide. Fertil Steril. 2004;81(6):1502-6. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0015028204005023
Kurgan DM, Kokoruz MV, Kurgan MG, Novak VL. [The Dynamics of Immunological Results of Patients with T-Cell Skin Lymphomas and Psoriasis by The Therapy of Activation Mechanisms Sanogenesis Methods]. Lik Sprava. 2015;(3-4):31-8. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26827436
Samsoen M. Sodium bicarbonate bath and psoriasis. First open study in a single center. 2007. Available: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/290279882_Sodium_bicarbonate_bath_and_psoriasis_First_open_study_in_a_single_center [February 15, 2017].
Verdolini R, Bugatti L, Filosa G, Mannello B, Lawlor F, Cerio RR. Old fashioned sodium bicarbonate baths for the treatment of psoriasis in the era of futuristic biologics: an old ally to be rescued. J Dermatolog Treat. 2005;16(1):26-30. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09546630410024862?journalCode=ijdt20
Afsar B, Elsurer R. Association between serum bicarbonate and pH with depression, cognition and sleep quality in hemodialysis patients. Ren Fail. 2015;37(6):957-60. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.3109/0886022X.2015.1038476?needAccess=true
Disthabanchong S, Treeruttanawanich A. Oral sodium bicarbonate improves thyroid function in predialysis chronic kidney disease. Am J Nephrol. 2010;32(6):549-56. https://www.karger.com/Article/Abstract/321461
Brown JR, Block CA, Malenka DJ, O’Connor GT, Schoolwerth AC, Thompson CA. Sodium bicarbonate plus n-acetylcysteine prophylaxis : A meta-analysis. JACC. 2009;2(11):1116-1124. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1936879809005792
Merten GJ, Burgess WP, Rittase RA, Kennedy TP. Prevention of contrast-induced nephropathy with sodium bicarbonate: an evidence-based protocol. Crit Pathw Cardiol. 2004;3(3):138-43. https://journals.lww.com/critpathcardio/Abstract/2004/09000/Prevention_of_Contrast_Induced_Nephropathy_With.21.aspx
Montalto AS, Bitto A, Irrera N, et al. CO2 pneumoperitoneum impact on early liver and lung cytokine expression in a rat model of abdominal sepsis. Surg Endosc. 2012;26(4):984-9. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22038163
De smet HR, Bersten AD, Barr HA, Doyle IR. Hypercapnic acidosis modulates inflammation, lung mechanics, and edema in the isolated perfused lung. J Crit Care. 2007;22(4):305-13. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0883944106002152
Kimura D, Totapally BR, Raszynski A, Ramachandran C, Torbati D. The effects of CO2 on cytokine concentrations in endotoxin-stimulated human whole blood. Crit Care Med. 2008;36(10):2823-7. https://uthsc.pure.elsevier.com/en/publications/the-effects-of-co2-on-cytokine-concentrations-in-endotoxin-stimul
Gao W, Liu DD, Li D, Cui GX. Effect of Therapeutic Hypercapnia on Inflammatory Responses to One-lung Ventilation in Lobectomy Patients. Anesthesiology. 2015;122(6):1235-52. https://journals.lww.com/surveyanesthesiology/Citation/2016/04000/Effect_of_Therapeutic_Hypercapnia_on_Inflammatory.18.aspx
Cooker LA, Luneburg P, Holmes CJ, Jones S, Topley N. Interleukin-6 levels decrease in effluent from patients dialyzed with bicarbonate/lactate-based peritoneal dialysis solutions. Perit Dial Int. 2001;21 Suppl 3:S102-7. http://www.pdiconnect.com/content/21/Suppl_3/S102.abstract
Takeshita K, Suzuki Y, Nishio K, et al. Hypercapnic acidosis attenuates endotoxin-induced nuclear factor-[kappa]B activation. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2003;29(1):124-32. http://www.atsjournals.org/doi/pdf/10.1165/rcmb.2002-0126OC
Tawfik amin A, Shiraishi N, Ninomiya S, Tajima M, Inomata M, Kitano S. Activation of nuclear factor kappa B and induction of migration inhibitory factor in tumors by surgical stress of laparotomy versus carbon dioxide pneumoperitoneum: an animal experiment. Surg Endosc. 2010;24(3):578-83. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00464-009-0609-x?no-access=true
Maurer M, Riesen W, Muser J, Hulter HN, Krapf R. Neutralization of Western diet inhibits bone resorption independently of K intake and reduces cortisol secretion in humans. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2003;284(1):F32-40. http://www.physiology.org/doi/abs/10.1152/ajprenal.00212.2002
Rojas vega S, Strüder HK, Wahrmann BV, Bloch W, Hollmann W. Bicarbonate reduces serum prolactin increase induced by exercise to exhaustion. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2006;38(4):675-80. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16679982
Strüder HK, Hollmann W, Donike M, Platen P, Weber K. Effect of O2 availability on neuroendocrine variables at rest and during exercise: O2 breathing increases plasma prolactin. Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol. 1996;74(5):443-9. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF02337725
Capellini VK, Restini CB, Bendhack LM, Evora PR, Celotto AC. The effect of extracellular pH changes on intracellular pH and nitric oxide concentration in endothelial and smooth muscle cells from rat aorta. PLoS ONE. 2013;8(5):e62887. http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0062887
Pedoto A, Caruso JE, Nandi J, et al. Acidosis stimulates nitric oxide production and lung damage in rats. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1999;159(2):397-402. http://www.atsjournals.org/doi/full/10.1164/ajrccm.159.2.9802093
Sabatini S, Kurtzman NA. Bicarbonate therapy in severe metabolic acidosis. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009;20(4):692-5. http://jasn.asnjournals.org/content/20/4/692.full
Malov IuS, Kulikov AN. [Bicarbonate deficiency and duodenal peptic ulcer]. Ter Arkh. 1998;70(2):28-32. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9551567
Haylor J, Toner JM, Jackson PR, Ramsay LE, Lote CJ. Is the urinary excretion of prostaglandin E in man dependent on urine pH?. Clin Sci. 1985;68(4):475-7. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2982534
Pepelko WE. The effect of cortisol upon lipolysis during cypercapnia and after beta-andrenergic blockade. Anat & Phys Pharmac. 1971. Available: http://oai.dtic.mil/oai/oai?verb=getRecord&metadataPrefix=html&identifier=AD0731124 [February 15, 2017].
Strider JW, Masterson CG, Durham PL. Treatment of mast cells with carbon dioxide suppresses degranulation via a novel mechanism involving repression of increased intracellular calcium levels. Allergy. 2011;66(3):341-50. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1398-9995.2010.02482.x/full
Soy FK, Ozbay C, Kulduk E, Dundar R, Yazıcı H, Sakarya EU. A new approach for cerumenolytic treatment in children: In vivo and in vitro study. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2015;79(7):1096-100. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0165587615002116
Sharma AP, Singh RN, Yang C, Sharma RK, Kapoor R, Filler G. Bicarbonate therapy improves growth in children with incomplete distal renal tubular acidosis. Pediatr Nephrol. 2009;24(8):1509-16. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00467-009-1169-y
Hess B. Metabolic syndrome, obesity and kidney stones. Arab J Urol. 2012;10(3):258-64. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2090598X12000848
Cicerello E, Merlo F, Maccatrozzo L. Urinary alkalization for the treatment of uric acid nephrolithiasis. Arch Ital Urol Androl. 2010;82(3):145-8. https://www.medscape.com/medline/abstract/21121431
Vivien P, Allannic H, Turpin J, Prunier P, Leborgne P, Loussouarn J. [A case of voluminous cystine lithiasis cured with high doses of sodium bicarbonate]. Therapie. 1971;26(1):121-7. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/5554759
Stigliani M, Manniello MD, Zegarra-moran O, et al. Rheological Properties of Cystic Fibrosis Bronchial Secretion and in Vitro Drug Permeation Study: The Effect of Sodium Bicarbonate. J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv. 2016;29(4):337-45. https://www.bioportfolio.com/resources/pmarticle/1413779/Rheological-Properties-of-Cystic-Fibrosis-Bronchial-Secretion-and-in-Vitro-Drug-Permeation.html
Piñero-zapata M, Cinesi-gómez C, Luna-maldonado A. [Mortality in patients with acute respiratory failure on chronic treatment with benzodiazepines]. Enferm Clin. 2013;23(3):89-95. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23541818
Rofstad EK, Mathiesen B, Kindem K, Galappathi K. Acidic extracellular pH promotes experimental metastasis of human melanoma cells in athymic nude mice. Cancer Res. 2006;66(13):6699-707. http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/66/13/6699.full
Robey IF, Baggett BK, Kirkpatrick ND, et al. Bicarbonate increases tumor pH and inhibits spontaneous metastases. Cancer Res. 2009;69(6):2260-8. http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/69/6/2260
Estrella V, Chen T, Lloyd M, et al. Acidity generated by the tumor microenvironment drives local invasion. Cancer Res. 2013;73(5):1524-35. http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/73/5/1524.long
Robey IF, Nesbit LA. Investigating mechanisms of alkalinization for reducing primary breast tumor invasion. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:485196. https://www.hindawi.com/journals/bmri/2013/485196/
Hoang BX, Tran DM, Tran HQ, et al. Dimethyl sulfoxide and sodium bicarbonate in the treatment of refractory cancer pain. J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacother. 2011;25(1):19-24. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/15360288.2010.536306?journalCode=ippc20
Raghunand N, He X, Van sluis R, et al. Enhancement of chemotherapy by manipulation of tumour pH. Br J Cancer. 1999;80(7):1005-11. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2363059/
Fassa, P. (2009). Bicarbonate of soda used to cure stage four prostate cancer. Natural News. [Online]. Available: http://www.naturalnews.com/027481_prostate_cancer_baking_soda.html [February 15, 2017].
seoleoINT. (2012). Breast cancer treatment with sodium bicarbonate. Available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fAK-56WCDg [February 15, 2017].
Peterson R. seoleoINT. (2012). Dr. Simoncini – patient kidney cancer RCC. Available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGa3zhquQEk [February 15, 2017].